18 May Storyboard Artist – Short Film
GAN Studios seeks a Storyboard Artist to join our crew laying the foundation for our upcoming animated short film, directed by Richard Pursel (prev. SpongeBob SquarePants), Jubilanté Cutting (Producer) and Abike Barker (Original Scriptwriter), respectively.
The Storyboard artist draws a scene-by-scene visual story based on script, translating ideas into visuals that convey the overall direction of the film, including emotion, humor, and action.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Create storyboard: thumbnail/rough storyboard panels through delivery of finished storyboard sequences
- Ensure that the vision and style of the show is consistently adhered to through execution of action, staging, dialogue and camera
- Pitch storyboards to Director, crew and Producer
- Address notes from Director and Producer
- Create color concepts that may include marker sketches, paintings, and computer-generated imagery
- Develop artistic presentations as needed
- Refine concepts technically and visually, follow through with implementation
- Collaborate with production heads to review goals and vision for the storyboards and discuss concerns, timelines and complexity, given the parameters of the schedule; Responsible for completing all deliverables on time and according to production schedule and within guidelines/show parameters such as number of scenes, complexity requirements, etc.
- Ensure that storyboard includes all final dialogue, backgrounds, direction, camera moves and action by making drawing or text changes in description, dialogue or numbering
- Submit work that appropriately aligns with production and workflow guidelines requirements (i.e., naming conventions and storage)
- Design and/or illustrate concepts through sketches, painting and storyboards for feature films
- Create storyboards in the form of presentation and rough thumbnail boards
- Conduct research to inform conceptual design work
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show
- Knowledge and experience with television animation production pipeline a plus
- Knowledge of software and hardware including Cintiq, Toon Boom Storyboard Pro, and Photoshop
- Ability to express character emotion and attitude through drawings
- Ability to develop expressive, entertaining storyboards following a given script as a guide
- Sense of filmic staging and storytelling, entertainment and humor
- Knowledge of anatomy, perspective, and composition
- Ability to brainstorm inventive ideas to add to story material and any unfinished idea.
- Ability to present storyboards in an effective manner
- Willingness to rework material multiple times while keeping a fresh eye
This role is ‘currently’ working remotely. Our team is spread across different localities.
When you apply, please submit your resume and link to your portfolio and showreel demonstrating your skill/experience.
For More Information About Our Company, Visit https://animateguyana.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.